A special blog for my fellow agents and sales leaders at USHEALTH Advisors from the talk I gave yesterday:
20 Ways to be Mentally Tough (Courtesy of Jon Gordon, Training Camp)
1) When you face a setback, think of it as a defining moment that will lead to future accomplishment.
2) When you encounter adversity, remember, the best don’t just face adversity; they embrace it, knowing it’s not a dead-end, but a detour to something greater and better.
3) When you face negative people, know that they key to life is to stay positive in the face of negativity, not in the absence of it. After all, everyone will have to overcome negativity to define themselves and create their success.
4) When you face the naysayers, remember the people who believed in you and spoke positive words to you.
5) When you face critics, remember to tune them out and focus only on being the best you can be.
6) When you wake up in the morning, take a morning walk of gratitude and prayer. It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
7) When you fear, trust. Let your faith be greater than your doubt.
8) When you fail, find the lesson in it, and then recall a time when you have succeeded.
9) When you head into battle, visualize success.
10) When you are thinking about the past or worrying about the future, instead focus your energy on the present moment. The now is where your power is the greatest.
11) When you want to complain, instead identify a solution.
12) When your own self-doubt crowds your mind, weed it and replace it with positive thoughts and positive self-talk. I will, I can, I AM
13) When you feel distracted, focus on your breathing, observe your surroundings, clear your mind, and get into The Zone. The Zone is not a random event. It CAN be created.
14) When you feel all is impossible, know that with God all things are possible.
(And don’t forget the word impossible is made up of the letters “I’m Possible”)
15) When you feel alone, think of all the people who have helped you along the way and who love and support you now.
16) When you feel lost, pray for guidance.
17) When you are tired and drained, remember to never, never, never give up!! Finish strong in everything you do.
18) When you feel like you can’t do it, know that you can do all things through faith, have faith, faith gives you strength.
19) When you feel like your situation is beyond your control, pray and surrender. Focus on what you can control and let go of what you can’t.
20) When you’re in a high pressure situation and the game is on the line, and everyone is watching you, remember to smile, have fun and enjoy it. Life is short; you only live once. You have nothing to lose. You are going to be dead a long time, so seize the moment while you are alive.
Life is meant to be LIVED. Don’t shy away, don’t cower in the corner, don’t stop, don’t give up.
Dream, Visualize, Strategize, then do the one thing most people NEVER do…
Until next time, thanks for taking the time
Mark Brodinsky, Author, Blogger, Podcaster, Speaker, Speech Writer, Emmy Winner, USHEALTH Advisors
Author: The #1 Amazon Best-Seller: It Takes 2. Surviving Breast Cancer: A Spouse’s Story
The Sunday Series Podcast: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/sunday-series-courage-inspiration/id1028611459)
Join the Tribe! Enter your name and e-mail on the blog to receive posts from It’s Just About… Life & The Sunday Series
Leave a Reply