Picasso said lesser artists borrow, great artists steal.
I read a lot and one great idea can change the trajectory of your life. So with this in mind, some thoughts to share today, “stolen” from the mind of Peter Diamandis, among other major accomplishments, is author of the current best-seller, BOLD.
Here now are Peter’s Laws – The Creed of the Persistent and Passionate Mind (I can’t imagine even one of these won’t stop and make you think today, maybe even ACT.)
- If anything can go wrong, fix it! (To hell with Murphy!)
- When given a choice – take both!
- Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
- Start at the top, then work your way up.
- Do it by the book… but be the author!
- When forced to compromise, ask for more.
- If you can’t win, change the rules.
- If you cant’ change the rules, then ignore them.
- Perfection is not optional.
- When faced without a challenge – make one.
- No simply means begin one level higher.
- Don’t walk when you can run.
- When in doubt: THINK!
- Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
- The squeaky wheel gets replaced.
- The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself!
- The ratio of something to nothing is infinite.
- You get what you incentivize.
- If you think it is impossible, then it is for you.
- An expert is someone who can tell you exactly how something can’t be done.
- The day before something is a breakthrough, it’s a crazy idea.
- If it was easy, it would have been done already.
- Without a target you’ll miss every time.
- Fail early, fail often, fail forward!
- If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.
- The world’s most precious resource is the persistent and passionate human mind.
- Bureaucracy is an obstacle to be conquered with persistence, confidence and a bulldozer when necessary.
Of those 28 laws even Peter Diamandis admits he “stole” 6 of the rules from other people!! (Todd Hawley, Alan Kay, Robert Heinein, Byron Lichtenberg and John Maxwell). But who cares?? The goal is to share, to give, to inspire so that others can join in, follow the path,or even better yet break through and create their own. The idea is collaboration to bring great minds and their infinite ideas to the table.
Take a law, or laws and make it/them your own!
Follow these laws, or take them and innovate them even further. Consider this last remark from BOLD:
“…master a rarely discussed skill fundamental to bold pursuits and exponential entrepreneurship: the ability to think at scale. Exponential technology allows us to scale up like never before. Small groups can have huge impacts. A team of passionate innovators can alter the lives of a billion people in an eyeblink. To say this kind of impact is unfathomable is putting it mildly.”
Until next time thanks for taking the time,
Join the Tribe! Enter your name & e-mail address into the box on the blog and get posts sent directly to your inbox!
Huffington Post: (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-brodinsky/)
The Profile: (http://www.talkinggood.com/profiles/MarkBrodinsky)
USHEALTH Advisors: (http://www.prweb.com/releases/markbrodinsky/072015/prweb12862708.htm)